1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to use a portfolio?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by JCA_1989, Mar 19, 2011.

1. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

I have an interview coming up next week for a Year 3/4 job, that I really, really want. By previous headteacher's I have been advised to make a portfolio, which I have done. In portfolio I have put lots of pictures of displays, me working with children, lesson plans (annotated), observations and certificates.
    1. Should I use this in the interview to illustrate my points (in response to their questions) and physically show them at the time of talking?
    2. Would this approach distract the panel from what is being said?
    3. Or, should I ask at the end of the interview whether they would like to have a browse through it?

Cheers

JCA

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If a question crops up where you could use something from your portfolio, do show it, it will then serve as illustration of whatever point you're trying to make. (My interview last year I was the only person to have brought one.)