1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to use a lakeland Tagine?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Phoenixchild, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Had one for Christmas, got ingredients for a recipe but unsure exactly how to use the tagine. Have looked on you tube but it's not been much help.
    I'm hoping you lovely folk have some ideas, please and thank you.xx

2. http://www.ehow.com/how_5105649_use-tajine.html

Hope this helps, its what I used with mine.

3. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Thank you, we've muddled something together. It smells good, just hope it tastes ok.xx
    [​IMG]

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

It seems to me that tagine recipes come in two types: European and North African.
    "European" recipes will have you browning meat as is standard when making a european casserole.
    North African recipes will have you mixing it all together raw, adding the wet and cooking slowly.
    I have done a bit of research: to me they end up tasting the same, so I opt for th elatter mathod usually as it is less hassle and involves getting my hands stuck in!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

North African cooking can vary, Morroccan tagine usually involves a marinade with grated raw onion and spices. Tunisian is different as is Algerian and Libyan and Egyptian.

Libyan usually involves frying the meat, Tunisian does, Egyptian not so much and Algerian varies.

6. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I always stick the meat in raw and cook very slowly - always comes out lovely. Takes 2- 2 1/2 hours normally.