1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to teach Science BTec?

Discussion in 'Music' started by niclparker, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hi, I am teaching science Btec for the first time this year. I would really appreciate ideas on how to teach it. For example- do I still need to do a starter/ plenary etc- or do they come in and just get on with it where ever they are in their work? Do we teach it differently to the normal 3 part lesson or the same? Would really love ideas on this/ effective ways to teach BTec

Thank you

2. erp77

erp77 New commenter

Ask a Science teacher?

3. I guess that the answer would be the same if the question really did relate to Music. Yes, of course you still need to teach it properly. Effective teaching methods are surely to be applied regardless of stage, course, examining board or group.
    It might well be the case, though, that you need to apply more differentiation if your students are at different stages of their coursework. I'd suggest that it is up to us as teachers to monitor and manager that, just as we would for any other class.