1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to support high achieving readers KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by becka89, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. becka89

becka89 New commenter

Hi all,

I have an interview next week and one of the questions is how I plan to support KS2 high achievers in reading. I have some ideas such as, developing whole class teaching of reading, identifying the high achievers for boosting etc. Is there any obvious ideas I haven't thought of? I am trying to research online however it is proving difficult!

Thanks in advance!

2. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

Do you have any CPD in Guided Reading? This is quite a difficult question I think. Have you researched what the sch has in place for Reading? No idea what the sch is hoping for you to say. Sorry. Good luck though and let us know what you say!

becka89 likes this.
  3. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Your post suggests that the school is aware that some of its KS2 pupils are highly able readers. I imagine you would support/encourage them by being able to recommend suitable and challenging books for them to read, maybe having a special book club or enrichment programme for them when they gather together and discuss a particular book with you; they could make a video advert for a book they'd recommend and share it with the rest of the group, they could be given some responsibility as school librarians - draw up some booklists for other year groups, make a display for the library about a favourite author...

Deepa Dhillon likes this.