1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to stop myself blushing...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Does anyone have any tips? I have a very high maintenace HT and everytime I go into her office, no matter what it's for, I flush beetroot read. I get nervous easily and it's really REALLY embarrasing!!

2. Milkandchalk

Does anyone have any tips? I have a very high maintenace HT and everytime I go into her office, no matter what it's for, I flush beetroot read. I get nervous easily and it's really REALLY embarrasing!!

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Use milk and chalk as make-up.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Can you not get a make up base if your prone to going red? x

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I think you should imagine her naked.

6. Milkandchalk

urgh!

7. I quite like it when people blush! It's a really honest, physical response.
    Is blushing one of those things where the more you think about it the worse it gets?

8. Im like this too and have realised its because before anything that I am nervous about, I dont breathe properly so have been making the effort to breathe deeply before. I also have a tendancy to blurt everything out quite quickly and again, not breathe! Im always like it after assemblies too, but am getting better at controlling it.

9. I think it probably is.
    Sorry, I have no tips as I don't blush easily (hate it when I do though!) - I suppose being prepared for whatever it is you need to do may help, but I am sure you do that anyway.
    I know you can buy make-up/concealer to hide red bits of your skin, but I doubt it will combat blushing.
    Like poeme, I find blushing quite endearing (well, as long as it is not me doing the blushing), but I doubt that is what you want to hear...
    When I do blush, I tend to laugh it off and make some comment about "do I look like a beetroot yet?" or something. Normally that cracks the ice and puts the onus on the other person.
    Found this if it is of any help...
    http://www.self-confidence.co.uk/articles/7-tips-for-beating-blushing/

10. Milkandchalk

Problem is that she's so intimidating! I don't want her to know just how under my skin she gets! I've to go and see her tomorrow, I don't know for what, she just left a message for me. I know I'll be scarlet before I even go in!

11. In what way intimidating?
    If you know her usual "tricks" you can try thinking of some sentences to say to her usual "stuff".

12. It certainly gets worse when you think about it or even worse when people tell you (I hate that so much!)
    Happens to me but, as a bloke, I think that the make up tip might be worse than just showing my blushing! [​IMG]

13. Why would people <u>tell</u> you you're blushing? Insensitive brutes and very, very rude!
    Got to say that I find blushing, in a man, a very attractive trait. A bit like crying, y'know - vulnerability and so on.
    Is the make up a green base which takes the red out? I've used it in the past (little birthmark on my face) but foundations have got better and I don't use it any more.

14. I always find myself blushing in uncomfortable situations, and it gets worse when I notice I'm doing it. My get out clause is to cough a few times and let people think it's because I was coughing. Pathetic, I know.

15. My current excuse is that I am hitting the menopause.
    Works a treat - and makes men particularly embarrassed and accommodating.
    Not sure milk could get away with that excuse...

16. Milkandchalk

Well, I could try... maybe 20 years too early however.
    If I knew what it was then I'd be OKish I think but I'm getting worked up as I don't know what it is and she is so unpredictable.
    I'll be caking on the foundation tomorrow then which is weird as I never wear foundation!

17. Just go with it. Honestly, no-one else is noticing, nothing like as much as you do anyway. Just let it happen, don't give a monkeys about it. Go girl!

18. Here are some more tips...
    http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Blushing
    Note this bit (akin to what poeme and I said)...
    If all else fails, forget everything else and remember some people think blushing is cute. It's an asset, not a flaw!

19. Er, I think the make up one would be better for me...[​IMG]
    I like the coughing one.
    I'm actually buoyed by the fact that some women will find it attractive. Crying too.
    [​IMG]

20. As long as you still take the rubbish out and put the shelves up [​IMG]
    Seriously, you would be surprised. We women are not monsters - we do understand that men have feelings too, you know.