1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how to stop my planning table going onto 2 pages when i cut and paste stuff?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ROLLING, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ive made a table for weekly maths planning but when i add by cutting and pasting to it it ends up moving and going over 2 pages-i then spend ages deleting to make it fit back onto one. PLease someone eall me how to make it stay as i want it when it ie what is looks like when empty?

2. ive made a table for weekly maths planning but when i add by cutting and pasting to it it ends up moving and going over 2 pages-i then spend ages deleting to make it fit back onto one. PLease someone eall me how to make it stay as i want it when it ie what is looks like when empty?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You could try setting the row height and column width to 'exactly' settings in Table Properties. (You may be on autofit or the settings may be 'at least'). This way when you insert your text the columns and rows should stay the same, but you may have to adjust the font size if the amount of text is too large.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'd do what marlin said, or just have a two page plan!

5. I am a bit obsessive about the layout of my planning and spend ages making it fit onto 1 page!!! Sometimes resorting to a tiny font is the only way then I photocopy onto a3 so I can actually read it LOL

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

If you are still struggling I'm happy to have a look and sort it if I can. Just PM me with your email and I'll see what I can do.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Oh dear...

I use landscape and if the week's work fits on one sheet in 12-14 point font then fine, it not it goes on to two or three sheets. I want to be able to read it! And we have to have ours in a folder, so an A3 sheet would have to be folded and so look messy...I might be just as obsessive, just about different aspects.

8. if you highlight adjacent boxes you can move the box sizes and eliminate white spaces in any box. It's the game that makes the end of our planning sessions such fun!!

9. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Your planning fits on 1 page?? OMG I'm impressed when mine fits on 4 pages!

10. I highlight the boxes, click on format, paragraph, indentation - then reduce it to -0.1 on the left and the right - that gives you a bit more space. then I spend ages changing 'and' to '&', 'children' to 'chn' etc until it fits on a page!! I also stretch the margins as far as they will go and change the direction of font for the days of the week. I'm sure it takes me nearly as long to do all this as it takes me to plan but it's so satisfying! I HATE it when people give me paperwork and there is a little bit on a 2nd page!!

11. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Don't write so much. I doubt if anyone apart from yourself actually reads any of it, anyway.