1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to 'slow down' due to pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by noblesteed, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Not sure if this is in the right part of the forum but... I am 23 weeks pregnant and having the day off due to my blood pressure being very low and feeling dizzy. I teach full time iin a small village primary school where there are 2 classes. I have nursery - Y2 in mine! Only 13 kids at the mo and I have a lovely class. There is a headteacher who teaches 1 day a week (don;t ask me how we afford that) and a KS 2 teacher who teaches 4 days. I am paid on UPS3 as I have to be teacher in charge in the head's absence and do SMT duties such as manage TAs and students etc. I have always worked hard and loved my job and so people tend to come to me with their problems etc. The problem I have is that just general teaching at the moment is tiring me out! I can just to say give 80% when teaching my class, but I am struggling with 'other' duties. I am falling asleep at 8.30 pm and so by the time we have eaten and seen to our pets I have no time to do any work at home. I am doing my best to pass on problems etc to other staff but there aren't many to delegate to! The other teacher is VERY inexperienced but also very arrogant so not open to me 'suggesting' he take on more responsibility. He doesn't actually want to teach any more and is looking to get out by any means! The Head is a new head and struggling to cope with her workload, her health isn't good either. Does anyone have any tips for how I can cut down my workload and ease my stress? I don;t want ot keep having to go on the sick like this because I have exhausted myself!!!! I am fully aware that my baby is FAR more important than school.

2. Not sure if this is in the right part of the forum but... I am 23 weeks pregnant and having the day off due to my blood pressure being very low and feeling dizzy. I teach full time iin a small village primary school where there are 2 classes. I have nursery - Y2 in mine! Only 13 kids at the mo and I have a lovely class. There is a headteacher who teaches 1 day a week (don;t ask me how we afford that) and a KS 2 teacher who teaches 4 days. I am paid on UPS3 as I have to be teacher in charge in the head's absence and do SMT duties such as manage TAs and students etc. I have always worked hard and loved my job and so people tend to come to me with their problems etc. The problem I have is that just general teaching at the moment is tiring me out! I can just to say give 80% when teaching my class, but I am struggling with 'other' duties. I am falling asleep at 8.30 pm and so by the time we have eaten and seen to our pets I have no time to do any work at home. I am doing my best to pass on problems etc to other staff but there aren't many to delegate to! The other teacher is VERY inexperienced but also very arrogant so not open to me 'suggesting' he take on more responsibility. He doesn't actually want to teach any more and is looking to get out by any means! The Head is a new head and struggling to cope with her workload, her health isn't good either. Does anyone have any tips for how I can cut down my workload and ease my stress? I don;t want ot keep having to go on the sick like this because I have exhausted myself!!!! I am fully aware that my baby is FAR more important than school.