1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to say thank you?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon398, May 28, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,

I cannot begin to express how much the jobseeking forum has helped me over the past couple of months, be it advice on personal statements, CVs, interview lesson prep or the actual interview itself, as well as information on the system, etc. While I did not directly ask you any question (besides during the Live Chat), I found a wealth of information from questions other teachers or student teachers had asked you. What I have noticed is that some people who get advice do not always come back and let you know if it helped, and how they got on. As a teacher, I like to get feedback when I teach or advise someone.

Having just finished my PGCE, I had my first interview at the school of my dreams on Thursday. Thanks to your expert advice, my lesson and interview went really really well and I was offered the job which I accepted on the spot. I can't possibly thank you enough for the help which this forum has been to me, and which the TES website as a whole will continue to be for the coming years. It is a credit to you and your colleagues. Keep up the fantastic work!

Aoife

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations Aoife! Both on the post & the reminder to say thank you.
    I know when I joined this forum several years back at a really low ebb. I don't think I managed to say thank you- so if I didn't Theo, I'm saying it now. A really BIG THANK YOU for all you do to help struggling teachers achieve their dreams & that coveted job!
    And to minnieminx & others who post regularly & provide so much needed support to all posters on this forum.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!

How nice to be thanked! There are posters here who give advice, often very good advice, and it is nice to see that it is appreciated.
    Best wishes for September
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!