1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to save the many websites in 'favourites'?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lookingfornemo, Jul 14, 2011.

1. School network is being updated over the holidays. The email from the IT bods today said that we would lose all our contacts in outlook and all our 'favourites'. I have so many websites that I need to use. Is there any easy way to save them somehow?
    I would be grateful for any help!

2. dande

dande New commenter

There should be a folder somewhere on your computer which keeps a record of your favourites. You could try copying this and then pasting it back in later on but am not sure if this will work.

3. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Internet Explorer and Google Chrome both have options for exporting Favourites as a page of HTML links. These can be edited, viewed in a browser, or re-imported.

I suggest you type 'export favourites' into the Help search box and see what comes up - it varies from version to version.

5. You can save your favourites and then reimport them into your new system.
    Ditto with Outlook.
    However, your IT bods are odd - normally your stuff should be backed-up on the server and then just...wowsies, there when you open up the new system.
    That is how it works at my place (and on my home computer, although I do admit I tend to get my ex to take care of that kind of nonsense).
    It is very easy to do an Outlook back-up though, just incase anything gets lost. I have had numerous new stuff and new versions put on both my computers and always still had my stuff there and my contacts, etc.