1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to save a youtube clip to my pendrive

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Youtube is banned on my school's comp and I want a video off youtube to showmy kids

does anyone know of anyway I can save it on my pendrive and show it to them

Miss H

2. try using keepvid.com - you can then save the clip on your computer then save to your stick :)

3. thank u
    you are a star :)

4. Hummerston

Hummerston New commenter

Hello, This is just what I need to do too- I have got Keepvid on my laptop and copied the youtube address for what I want to keep- now what?
    I need idiot proof instructions I am afraid!

5. its easy,put the youtube address into that website and then it downloads it as window's media player

I found it dead easy

6. Or download realplayer, then any clip from a variety of sources can be saved to your computer.

7. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Anyone know how to do this on a mac please? It would be sooooo useful! Thanks, Andrew x

8. Another site is 'savetube'. Just copy the URL from the youtube clip you want to save into the link on savetube's page and it downloads the video for you. I have a Mac and have used this lots.

9. How does it go to media player? I can only seem to have the option of using realplayer and thats not ideal for school. Great website though :)

10. Hummerston

Hummerston New commenter

Hi again,
    I copied the link into keepvid then clicked 'download' but how do you know how to download it as window media player?

11. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

THANK YOU! I am off to try this now...

12. Zamzar does do video formats, it is the one I use most :)

13. Google "Free FLV Converter". That's another one!