1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to repeat the same word over and over again

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Cals, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Hi
    I want to produce a Word document that is the same word or phrase repeated over and over again. Is there a quick way of doing this apart from copy and paste? Also, is it possible to do this and have the whole page in different fonts?
    Cheers
    Cx

2. Hi
    I want to produce a Word document that is the same word or phrase repeated over and over again. Is there a quick way of doing this apart from copy and paste? Also, is it possible to do this and have the whole page in different fonts?
    Cheers
    Cx

3. Type lots of an odd character (say @) and then do find/replace '@' with whatever phrase you like.
    If you want every line to be a different font you are looking at using VBA

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

You could create a macro in VBA - something like this:
    Sub repeat_change_font()

Dim font_name(5)
    font_name(0) = "Arial"
    font_name(1) = "Times New Roman"
    font_name(2) = "Tahoma"
    font_name(3) = "Comic Sans MS"
    font_name(4) = "Verdana"

For n = 1 To 1000

Selection.Font.Name = font_name(n Mod 5)
    Selection.TypeText Text:="blah "

Next

End Sub
    Your request about the font is a bit ambiguous - do you want the font to change on each word, or after each page? The code above changes font after each word and cycles through the five fonts listed, but you could adapt the code to do what you want.

5. Brilliant, Autismuk! Thank you!
    The font thing, Jaquesjaquesliverot, was to change to a different font for each word - basically to have a student's name in all the fonts available to make something for an art project.
    I don't have VBM and am not a programmer (I've done a bit of Javascript and a few forms in my time, but probably don't have time to master any of it at the moment). Thank you anyway
    Cx