1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to remind politely if the parent forgot to pay?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by AnaDG, Oct 30, 2012.

1. I am sure she really forgot to do it. But how I should remind about it politely?

2. MrMercedes

MrMercedes New commenter

Email ?
    I would just send an email politely reminding them they forgot to pay, and could they please pay it me next time..

3. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Isn't it funny how we worry about things like this. Imagine a shop manager wondering how to politely ask a customer to pay!! It happens though, one day last year, I was teaching someone and they rang me from their journey home mortified that they had forgotten to pay, I had not noticed at that point, they just paid the next week.

4. Thank you! Took all your advice (except for the last one, lol!) Needed it again today, as another pupil forgot to pay. Maybe I look like someone who is tutoring just for fun? [​IMG]

5. At least yours were genuine.
    I had a lady who did not pay me and when I went back, she said she thought she had. I think she was trying to pull a fast one. She was not too happy to see me or to cough up!

6. I confess that this has never happened to me. I have had parents who wish to pay monthly, and I sent them an itemised bill (name of child, date, duration. etc). The bill was paid by return of post.