1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to recycle old National Literacy Strategy books?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ecampbell31, Oct 31, 2017.

1. ecampbell31

ecampbell31 New commenter

I have decided to leave teaching and move into another profession, don't ask which one. Anyway, over the years I have attended a number of courses and accumulated resource booklets such as Grammar for Writing and Developing Early Writing but I don't want to just throw them in the bin. Any ideas as to what I can do with them, please?

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Send them all to Michael Gove or Justine Greening or whoever has the job now, and ask for your money back.

3. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

I put mine on free cycle and was surprised I got requests for them

4. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I filled my council recycling bin with the 'Skills For Life' Literacy, Numeracy and ESOL curricular. So many folders from all manner of government education agencies.

But I've kept my Basic Skills Agency publications because they knew what they were doing.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Witchcraft! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn them!!!!!!!!!!!

..I'm sorry I don't know what came over me there. Maybe my inner Medieval peasant.

6. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I heated my house for a few hours......... (have an open fire).

7. WB

WB Occasional commenter

There was some usable stuff in Grammar for Writing.

8. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

We are moving house at the end of this month and OH has insisted that I get rid of school stuff-after all, I did retire 6 years ago, apart from some supply.

On the drive, we have a skip. It is gradually filling up. I've even thrown out books!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I know, that will give some of you the vaporous, but I haven't looked at them for at least 11 years and I've not missed them, so into the skip!! I have, however, kept a box of stuff for a friend! ;)

9. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

10. ecampbell31

Thanks will try it out.

11. ecampbell31