1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How To Reach Out To Teachers?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by leedsj, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I'm part of a small start-up company that provides what we believe to be the best assessment tracking (levels / grades / EYFS + APP) product available. I'm not going to mention the name of the company, because I don't want to get this struck off as marketing spam. What we're finding is that the schools who use it, ABSOLUTELY LOVE it - and we're getting the majority of schools in our local area through word of mouth alone - but the Council do not like us, since they are pushing their own Excel based (frankly horrible to use) solution. We've done a couple of BETT shows now, and sent out some flyers to schools - but this seems to have very little effect. Assume for one second that I not just blowing smoke, and it is as good as all that, - so how do we reach out to let teachers know? We don't have the marketing budget of RM, or the contact-book of Capita, but we DO know how to make systems that work and teachers want to use. So how do we bend teacher's ears? What makes them sit up and go "Hey, that sounds amazing, I'll investigate that further"?

2. Hi
    I have left a message for you through this site. Hope to hear from you.
    Best wishes.
    John

3. DM

DM New commenter

Please beware all.
    "Subscription charges commence on the date that Pupil Asset activates your Account. Your Learning Establishment shall be invoiced on activation and in accordance with the terms below thereafter."

4. Word of mouth is always the best way. You just have to keep pushing it persistently until it reaches a critical mass and then it will take off if it's as good as you say.

5. So the company will invoice you when you start using their product? Why is this something to beware?
    Or is this just a none-too-subtle way of mentioning the OP's product?

6. Apologies Marie-Louise, I didn't receive a notification of response from TES for some reason... will e-mail you. james

7. Muttley_in_the_Midlands

Muttley_in_the_Midlands New commenter

Facebook of course! If you haven't got the contact book of Capita, use the contacts you DO have via social and network marketing