1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how to organise an arts week?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by HyperBunny, May 3, 2012.

1. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Hi,
    I have been asked to organise an arts week in my school. I will be basing it around the Olympics: I have the suggested activities for staff and year groups (we are infant and primary school), but I'm just not sure what the next step is in organising an arts week. This is my first year as art co. Any suggestions would be lovely. Thank you x

2. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Hi,
    I have been asked to organise an arts week in my school. I will be basing it around the Olympics: I have the suggested activities for staff and year groups (we are infant and primary school), but I'm just not sure what the next step is in organising an arts week. This is my first year as art co. Any suggestions would be lovely. Thank you x

3. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I would think that the next step is putting those activities into some kind of timetable. Then you'll need to think about what resources you'll need and how much of them. Is it all in individual classes or are you going to have some whole school workshops? I can recommend a fantastic junk workshop guy, he's seriously amazing and the kids loved it. If you want his details, send me a message. He did a serious of workshops across 2 days for the different year groups. When we had ours, it was mostly in class and then we had a scheduled time for the junk workshop guy and another scheduled workshop for a time to go to the hall and do an activity in there. Not sure if that helps or not!

4. I'd also recommend some sort of celebration event fro everybodu to work to . . . maybe an exhibition for the parents to peruse work? (we tend to do this the week after arts week to give us chance to back and display stuff, and tidy up!!)

5. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Thanks, where is your junk workshop guy from? I'd like to do some kind of exhibition, but may have to wait for open evening... :(