1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to introduce Growing Beans

Discussion in 'Primary' started by loui87, Mar 11, 2012.

1. loui87

loui87 New commenter

I am growing beans with my year 2 class and wanted to have a great input at the start that really grips them and gets them interested - has anyone ever done this and could give me any tips? Thanks

2. loui87

loui87 New commenter

I am growing beans with my year 2 class and wanted to have a great input at the start that really grips them and gets them interested - has anyone ever done this and could give me any tips? Thanks

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Jack and the beanstalk?

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

"My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, please be upstanding for Growing Beans."
    I think that's the proper form of introduction ....

5. loui87

loui87 New commenter

How would ugo about this?

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I would tell the story of Jack and the Beanstalk and then say we are going to try to grow a beanstalk that will grow all the way to our ceiling, who thinks they can do it.... and then off you go.

7. What about 'Jasper's Beanstalk' by Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen.
    This is a lovely story and you will be pleased to hear there is a powerpoint in the resource section. [​IMG]

8. What about 'Jasper's Beanstalk' by Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen.
    This is a lovely story and you will be pleased to hear there is a powerpoint version in the resource section.
    [​IMG]