1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to increase employability?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by cgloss, Feb 28, 2016.

1. cgloss

cgloss New commenter

Hi,

I am currently in the 1st year of my BA Hons Physical Education degree and just wanted to know what I can be doing to enhance my employability as a PE teacher when I complete my degree

Kind regards,
    Charlie.

2. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

Get as many coaching / refereeing qualifications as you can and then put them to use by working with teams.

When I was at college, it was a compulsory part of our degree to do this but judging by the CVs I receive, that doesn't seems to be the case nowadays

CVs without a relevant lifesaving certificate and first aid qualification also get "filed" in that special filing bin under my desk

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes.

Your local youth teams (netball, football, rugby, cricket as basics, there will be others) would be delighted to have somebody to join their coaching teams.

This shows enthusiasm and commitment to sport for young people.

Yes!

Best wishes

4. cgloss

cgloss New commenter

Would you recommend getting more unique coaching qualification as well such as Tchoukball Level 1 or American Flag Football Leaders Award?