1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to improve staff wellbeing, ideas please

Discussion in 'Staff, pupil & parent's wellbeing' started by annie apple, Sep 15, 2020 at 4:54 PM.

1. annie apple

annie apple New commenter

Hi,

I’m looking for ways to promote staff wellbeing. Any schools out there that were proactive before COVID that can share ideas on how staff are supported. What measures have schools taken, and what as a teacher would you find helpful in improving your work / life balance or mental health? All ideas welcome, thanks.

2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

We have a group formed of reps from each Dpt which meets at an agreed time/day. The minutes are fed back to HT and HR.
    We have a well-being week once a half term when we all go home without having any meetings etc. Bliss.
    Having a designated Well being rep for the whole school is also pro-active and make staff at least feel something is there.
    Include links and ideas on school bulletin.

Hope this helps

3. PeterWR

PeterWR New commenter

I just watched today's interview with psychologist Rachael Alexander at Anna Brees Youtube channel. I think it might help.

4. annie apple

annie apple New commenter

Thank you for the ideas. I will look up the interview, sounds interesting.

5. MichaelLeeRFV23

MichaelLeeRFV23 New commenter

I looked up the interview iit really is good.