1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How To Help Out Children in Marginalized Communities

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TMLeader, Jun 19, 2020.

1. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

In most discussions around school closures due to COVID 19, children in marginalized communities in Kiilifi, Turkana, Kajiado, Kibera and elsewhere have been left out due to lack of electricity and internet connectivity. How can leaders ensure learning goes on during times of crisis?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

You do know 99% of the people on this forum work in the UK, don't you?

3. gainly

gainly Star commenter

I'm sure this is a major problem but unfortunately not one we can help with.

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I appreciate that this is a terrible problem, and I guess the poor kids are marginalised because national leaders either do not want to help them or have so many demands on resources that they are unable to help them.
    As a non leader far across the globe from East Africa, there is not much I can do to help.
    Sorry.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. phlogiston

Duplicate post. Sorry

6. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

This isn't just about the UK, vulnerable students are everywhere.

7. phlogiston

That is very true.
    Our leaders say they're trying but I understand that support has not yet arrived in every community.

8. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

When leaders are overwhelmed, there are great organizations to assist with education, don't you think?

9. phlogiston

Not sure.
    I suspect not enough of them, otherwise you wouldn't have made your first post.

10. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

That's how meaningful discussions are forged in order to find the solutions.

11. phlogiston

I'm not sure we're the people to find a solution and the discussion isn't meaningful yet.

strawbs likes this.
  12. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

I am sorry to hear that. Solutions are been found everyday. Good luck.