1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to handle dumbo unwanted supply agency bulk emails...

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Mrsmumbles, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I was getting so fed up with unwanted and unsolicited emails from a certain supply agency. They keep emailing again and again, even after unsubscribing. Moreover, their copy is poorly punctuated and semi-coherent, patronising and annoying. I am an English teacher. Please feel welcome to read my anonymised version of our latest correspondences, particularly the first email they sent me. GRR! Who pays these goons and what teacher in their right mind would ever trust them with their pay and postings? Far better to look at the advice here on TES and go solo. Or use a tried and tested firm. Have a look:

Email one (details deleted, all anonymous!)

Good Afternoon Teaching Folk!
    We hope you had good summer and excited to back!
    I am working closely with a mixed community School in the XXXXX area who require a Science Teacher for the next 9 weeks on a full-time basis.
    The School are rated as 'Good' by Ofsted and mast GCSE results were very positive.
    If you are potentially keen and would like more information, please reply to this email with your details and I will get in touch.
    I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Gary Grammar-Great

Then he did it again...look:

Kind Regards

Gary Grammar-Gawd-In-Bennett
    Recruitment Consultant
    Irritating Gits who want you to get into Teaching (but not via a grammatically acceptable advert which actually targets the right subject, age range, geographical area or job type.)

Email Two

**** off

Email Three

You have been removed from our mailing list.

Hooray! It’s only taken them the best part of two years to comply..

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Mast GCSE? ooo might set myself up as a tutor for that subject.
    To be honest I don't normally read those emails but that is poor!

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  3. Kateray1

Kateray1 New commenter

I had loads and I get constant phone calls to. I’ve stopped answering the phone calls, I just hang up; I’ve unsubscribed emails then just keep deleting.

One agency I had ruined my confidence of ever teaching in a school again. I will never use agencies again.

pepper5 and Mrsmumbles like this.
  4. Mrsmumbles

Sorry to hear about the agencies doibg that. Seems a lot of them suck. The rude reply system works!!

5. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I find it surprising how little some agency staff seem to know about the way schools work. There are some good ones, of course, but some are clueless.

Mind you, I'm sure some of them get messed around by schools as well.

6. Mrsmumbles

Well if their staff had basic literacy, that would be a start!!:rolleyes: