1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to give myself the best chances

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by suzywhymo, May 19, 2012.

1. Dear Sage,

I have recently found out that I can transfer to teaching in primary with the PGCE that I did when teaching adults as long as I gain the QTLS. Apparently legislation changed last month to make this possible which I am over the moon with. Do you think I am in too much competition to find a job in primary? There is already a massive amount of competition between those who have the real primary PGCE. I am going to be doing some volunteering soon in a local primary school do you think I am fighting a losing battle or do you think schools will embrace this new legislation and give me an equal chance?

Thanks

2. Dear Sage,

I have recently found out that I can transfer to teaching in primary with the PGCE that I did when teaching adults as long as I gain the QTLS. Apparently legislation changed last month to make this possible which I am over the moon with. Do you think I am in too much competition to find a job in primary? There is already a massive amount of competition between those who have the real primary PGCE. I am going to be doing some volunteering soon in a local primary school do you think I am fighting a losing battle or do you think schools will embrace this new legislation and give me an equal chance?

Thanks

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

You will need to convince prospective employers that you are the best person for the job. There's no reason you won't have a chance if you can do this... but you will need to think carefully about how you present yourself in your application.