1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to get the right font for handwriting - free

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fly, Oct 1, 2018.

1. fly

fly New commenter

I have the usual fonts on Word, but want one that will show a clear joined font for handwriting work. I have found a site to download a good one but it is £19 and I don't really want to use my own money to pay for a font for school on my school laptop. (They get passed around at the end of the year.) Does anybody know where to look to find a good, free handwriting font to download please?

2. C49

C49 New commenter

If you have a ****** account they have one I believe.

3. ABCCBA123321

ABCCBA123321 Occasional commenter

To be honest - you're going to struggle to get one that joins as cursive for free really as they're more complex than the multitude of free fonts around on the internet (I have a bit of a font addiction so I've got a lot). The one on that subscription resource site asterisked out earlier is quite a pretty one though (but as a lowly supply I'm not in a position to afford their subscription at the moment).

If you pay for one - store the file somewhere like a dropbox or in your email and you should be able to just install it onto whatever laptop you get the following year anyway - I've got some fonts that have been through 7-8 machines with me over the last decade or so - or ask school if they'll fund it so it's consistent throughout the school like it should be really.

fly likes this.