1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to get temporary job made permanent?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by MrsKimm, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Thanks. One of the teachers has suggested that I need to look busy at all times. At the moment this doesn't seem too hard as there is a lot to do in terms of chasing up missing students etc.
    I do wonder how easy it is going to be to settle into the job knowing that I may not be there next year. Also it is very hard to relax knowing that I am being watched over all the time.

2. Underachiever

Underachiever New commenter

I don't know whether it applies to any of you, but do remember that if you're on a temporary contract that lasts for more than two years, then you're effectively a permanent employee.

3. Thank you for your replies, I heard yesterday that all TA jobs will be safe for the next school year. However it is likely to be on another years fixed term contract.
    On the plus side it looks like I will be getting paid for the summer hols if my contract is renewed[​IMG]