1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of this 'sicky' feeling?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by athrawes10, Aug 13, 2011.

1. For the past week or so, I've had this 'sicky' feeling but have only actually been sick about 3 times. It's not constant, so it's bearable but annoying!

I've tried peppermint tea, ginger and eating dry crackers (not at the same time...) and nothing's working.

I'll see a doctor next week if I'm still feeling this way, but I just wondered if anyone had any tips to stop feeling sick?

2. For the past week or so, I've had this 'sicky' feeling but have only actually been sick about 3 times. It's not constant, so it's bearable but annoying!

I've tried peppermint tea, ginger and eating dry crackers (not at the same time...) and nothing's working.

I'll see a doctor next week if I'm still feeling this way, but I just wondered if anyone had any tips to stop feeling sick?

3. It rather depends on what's causing it. Motilium (otc) works for me but I only usually feel sick with a bug or a hangover. If it's balance-related it won't work.

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Have you done a pregnancy test?

5. Thanks, I'll give them a go. I don't think it's balance related, so hopefully they'll do the trick!

6. I did one 3 days ago and it was negative, but I may do another if the sickness doesn't go away soon.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Drinking carbonated water can be helpful.

8. Fresh air, a little exercise, eat little and often, drink plenty and breathe deeply and slowly.