1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to Get Rid of Spiders

Discussion in 'Personal' started by thegothmother, Apr 25, 2012.

1. We use a spray that comes from Betterware (or Kleeneze) which works perfectly. Even for my son with Aspergers, who put masking tape all round his room to stop them getting in!

2. andromache

andromache New commenter

conkers don't work in our house because we have cats. but the 'no more spiders' spray seems to work, and it does smell of cloves. we also have a plug-in gadget which is supposed to repel them (sound waves?)

3. The vents in my flat are fitted with gauze. Believe me, the spiders still get in. That is where all mine come from.

4. What's the connection between cats and conkers please? My cat does nothing with spiders, just looks at me as if to say 'Am I meant to do something to that?'. No baby spiders tonight (although not ran the bath yet!) but a fairly big one curled up in a ball on a wall which I'm going to have to try and remove bravely... not even over the bath so I can't flush it down the plughole!

5. andromache

andromache New commenter

sorry, didn't mean to suggest that conkers are poisonous or anything, just that my cats bat the conkers all over the place so they end up under the settee instead of in the corners. other people's cats are probably better behaved but mine will still chase any small object round the room like they were kittens (they're 10, middle aged really). corks are particularly popular.

6. Ah thanks, I thought you may have meant that. My cat is not really one for playing so should be ok. Just not sure that conkers lying around would look good whilst trying to sell a flat - mind you, neither do bloody spiders!

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Get a Jack Russell terrier. Job done! All you have to do then is remove the corpses..............it appears they are none too tasty.

8. Yeuch! To be honest, they don't LOOK tasty!

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

No....my JRT really won't eat them, but he does give them a good doing over so they won't trouble you any more!

10. I use my pet kids.
    "Mummy, you are not going to kill the poor spider, are you?"
    "No. It can stay where it is".
    "Nooooooooooooooooo, Mummy (this is said in a daughter voice), I am not going over there then. Mummy can you get me a drink?"
    "No dear, I don't want to disturb the spider".
    "OK, I'll get a flipping piece of paper and a glass and move the spider...honestly...WIMMIN (said in a manly I am not going to show I actually don't like spiders either son voice)"
    Problem sorted.

11. andromache

andromache New commenter

lol, or whatever the grown-up's version of that is (i should know as i am chronologically grown up)