1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to get resources reviewed when purchased?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by An245, Apr 3, 2019.

1. An245

An245 New commenter

Hi

I have been selling my resources for a long time right now. I don’t sell a lot but do sell occasionally and I was just wondering if anyone had ideas on how to make people more likely to review my resources once they’ve bought them. So far I have 0 reviews and I really would like to improve this and my resources based on them.

Thanks

MosaiK and KaylaWilliams89 like this.
  2. myersale

myersale New commenter

I know exactly how you feel. I‘ve had almost 400 purchases and 2400 downloads so far but not more than 7 reviews... It’s a shockingly low review rate. I wish more people would make the effort of reviewing the resources, but until TES incentivizes reviews, this is not going to change.

3. An245

An245 New commenter

Incentivising reviews is a good idea and should be done. Maybe tes should offer promo codes or allow others to offer promo codes.

MosaiK likes this.
  4. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

We appreciate your suggestions and we do recognise that authors would like to see larger numbers of reviews on resources.

5. KaylaWilliams89

KaylaWilliams89 New commenter

I realise I am a late arrival to this thread. I have only really just started uploading resources (I put up one resource for free 4 years ago and saw it had been downloaded over 1000 times, so figured I'd give it more of a shot! Loving being a teacher author so far!).

I have to say though, I have one review from over 1000 downloads. It does not seem that there is not much incentive to leave reviews which I think is a shame. I know personally I would be hesitant in paying for something without a review...

Is this going to be addressed in the future @tesAuthorTeam ?

MosaiK likes this.
  6. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

I, too, echo your frustration! It's something a lot of users have asked TES about for a long time, but doesn't seem to be important enough to warrant an actionable response on their end unfortunately.

7. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Thanks for your thoughts on this, we do appreciate the importance of reviews and we are already exploring this issue. We would also love to see more reviews from downloaders.

MosaiK likes this.
  8. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

I thought I had a lot of reviews... but then I worked out the percentage of review to downloads: 0.14%. So 1 review every 700 downloads! Wow, that's pretty poor!

Is there a mechanism whereby sellers could offer a discount code to anyone who leaves a review (might be a way of encouraging repeat custom too).

9. mrajlong

mrajlong Senior commenter

Mine's 0.05% downloads to reviews! I know the downloads total includes individual files within each resource, but that's still a terrible conversion rate!

10. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

Like no doubt many others, I agree with all of the above. :) Wouldn't it be great to have a system that incentivises positive reviews, e.g. 3 or 4 stars give a buyer a point and a predetermined amount of points gives them say 10% off at next purchase or similar... :D
    I don't think that negative reviews should be part of such a system o_O, although there is no reason to stop them.
    Obviously authors and TES should be working together in order to increase sales. ;):cool:

11. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

Oops, meant to say 4 or 5 stars, my apologies. :oops:

12. nikkimarsh

nikkimarsh New commenter

Like all of you authors, I am in the same boat and have had my shop now for a year with over 2.7k downloads and 3 reviews! It is shocking that no-one leaves reviews. I've asked the same question to tes. It is disheartening for all the work you put in as an author.