1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to get Pie Corbett into school to deliver a staff meeting.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dan25, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Afternoon all. I've just spent the last hour googling how to get details for arranging a staff meeting to be delivered by Pie Corbett, but with no success! I recently went to his Talk for Writing conference and after being so impressed and spreading the word, the other schools in our cluster are interested in teaming together to hold a staff meeting with Pie delivering. Firstly, is this possible? Secondly, if so, how on earth would I go about finding out how to contact him?
    Any advice will be much appreciated as I've had no success thus far!
    Many thanks in advance for your help.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. If Pie is not available, you might want to find out if any schools locally have his KS1 Talk for Writing story packs from OUP. They include a DVD of him explaining/demonstrating his ideas for teaching writing.
    C x

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

5. We recently booked him for staff training via email but he wasn't available until March 2012 so we have a little time to build up to it!

6. Hi,

I'm friends with him on Facebook and he accepts most people. I messaged him about this but he wasn't free for about 18 months and he charges, I think if I remember correctly, over £1000 so if it's just for your school you could see if other schools in your area would put too in order to get him in. He is amazing though!!!

7. I recently tried to get hold of him but with no success but he did tell me to try Judy Clark
    at the Literacy Trust which we did. She was excellent and the staff said what a valuable
    inset day it was. You could try her.