1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to get long term temporary supply work in Aberdeenshire?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Muic Smith, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Muic Smith

Muic Smith New commenter

Does anyone know how one finds out what long term temporary posts are available in Aberdeenshire? I am considering giving up my permanent post that is a very long distance from my home if I can find a long-term temporary supply post nearby?

2. Mazod

Mazod Occasional commenter

https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/search?p=1

I get the impression from the press that this LA is very short of teachers so you may wish to get in touch with them directly too if there is no obvious supply post here.

3. SevenResourcing

SevenResourcing New commenter

Would you consider roles elsewhere in Scotland Long Term?

4. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Go to myjobscotland. Remember too that Aberdeen is not part of the shire.
    Good luck

5. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Maybe try contacting schools directly. I used to get some snotty replies saying we'll advertise when we need someone, but did get some positive responses leading to long-term jobs too when I was in a similar position.

6. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Have you contacted the authority to apply to go on their supply list? You need to be on that before you'll get any kind of supply. Its ages since i taught in the shire but I know that the city schools were supposed to go via the office to get supply staff and weren't supposed to contact staff themselves.