1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to flag an urgent email via Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by margie2, May 10, 2011.

1. margie2

margie2 New commenter

I am trying to send a priority email using a flag, via Yahoo, but I cannot find this red flag. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. You can't. If I remember, OCR even mentions it in one of their Common Issues or feedback sheets, and to get pupils using another system.

3. margie2

margie2 New commenter

Thanks. Are you sure it's impossible though? because I remember receiving a Yahoo email with a red flag on it, not 100% it was via Yahoo but pretty sure.

4. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

hi
    Nope can not be done!

5. margie2

margie2 New commenter

Thanks. I've just checked on my Yahoo email account, and 2 months ago, I received a red-flagged email. There is also a column (in inbox only) that reads: Sort emails by flagged status. Strange.

6. Yes, as far as I'm aware it's like the "flag" status in Outlook - it's for your reference and can be set locally, so if an e-mail is important to you, then you set it to flag and check it later (hence the "sort by flagged" status.