1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to fit it all in?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Keep Smiling!, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Keep Smiling!

Keep Smiling! New commenter

Hi,
    I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I am really struggling with it! I am due back to work soon and am wondering how I fit everything in? I'm in KS2 and want to change my timetable around a bit but really can't fit all the subjects into the available time.
    We teach through topics however I want to go back to teaching science separately (although I'll obviously make links where I can) as I feel I didn't cover it in enough detail last year. Then I've got RE, Music, PE, MFL, Topic, Guided Reading, PHSE, Spelling and handwriting to fit in. There just isn't enough time! Do people block some subjects and not teach them every week? I really want to make sure I cover everything well but don't know how! Last year I planned to do spelling, handwriting etc in the half hour before lunch but inevitably the previous lesson ran over and it was forgotten. Any ideas?

2. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

Those half hour sessions before lunch are easy to miss due to over running. What I did was put them first, so they couldn't be missed. It works for me!

3. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

40 min lessons.

4 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon.

35 slots a week.