1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to create a whole school quilt hanging

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Fauziaafzal, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I hope eveyone has had a good Christmas! I was wondering if someone could help me? My school would like to make a quilt hanging as a display to celebrate the school being opened for 25 years! I have been asked to look into it. I am not really sure where to begin. Has anybody made one and if so would you mind sharing your idea?
    Many thanks

2. I am planning on doing this too, I have made a quilt- it's easy! Basically you sew squares or other shapes together and then quilt it. It is mathematically challenging if you use shapes other than squares! I am thinking about using iron on photos, seeing names, fabric paints etc etc Pretty much in the beginning stages so would also love to hear what others have done.

3. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

I made a hanging with aclass who each made a square using batik. You could get each class to take a theme e.g. curriculum areas, outdoors, children... and use a technique appropriate to the age group. Either each child could make a square or they could do them in groups. The killer is sewing them together. Get parents involved! Good luck. Sounds a lovely project.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter