1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to construct rubric for assessment of non-fiction essays ?

Discussion in 'English' started by rkvaniya, May 17, 2011.

1. Hi ! One and all. this is Ritesh Vaniya from Anand milk city of India. I am doing ph.d.in Education and the topic of my ph.d. is "Development of creative writing ability among secondary school students through participatory approach". Friends I have to constuct a rubric for assessment of non-fiction essays but I am in dilemna as I don't have enough knowldege regarding the procedure of constructing rubric for assessing non-fiction essay. I will be very greatful if anyone suggest me about this problem. Your suggestions and queries regarding my ph.d. topic is most welcome.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The art of writing is bringing your words to life on the page. And one of the best ways to do this is to write with all the senses. In other words, don't just write about what your characters see. Describe what they hear, smell, touch and even taste as well. This is a guaranteed way to make your writing more vivid and exciting.

Non-fiction essay writing is one of the two main divisions in prose writing, the other form being fiction. Non-fiction essay writing is a story based on real facts and information . Non-fiction is a narrative, account, or other communicative work whose assertions and descriptions are believed by the author to be factual.

3. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Occasional commenter

When you say 'non-fiction', what exactly do you mean? Persuasive, informational texts, speeches, literary analysis? If you can be more specific, I'm happy to share examples.