1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to cancel subscription

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by racheyroo99, Mar 29, 2017.

1. racheyroo99

racheyroo99 New commenter

I'm trying to cancel my subscription and cant find how to do this. Very frustrating!
    Do doubt designed so that you give up and forget to cancel!
    Any help gratefully received

morozanna and rwmcr like this.
  2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @racheyroo99,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

Have you contacted the Customer Services Team about your request?

Please email help@tes.com.

3. Kirstywright22

Kirstywright22 New commenter

Hi racheyroo99 - did you get anywhere with cancelling your subscription? The webpage won't load to unsubscribe, they haven't replied to my email, and whenever I ring on the phone they hang up on me - very frustrating!
    Thanks

4. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Kirstywright22,

I have flagged up your comments to the Customer Services Team. One of my colleagues will be touch with you in due course.

5. morozanna

morozanna New commenter

I’m having the same problem. Last year I gave up and it finally debited my account. I have never had such problems deleting any subscriptions before.

Frustrated customer.

6. TES_Rosaline

Hello @morozanna,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

Have you contacted the Customer Services Team about your request?

Please email help@tes.com.

7. TEA2111

TEA2111 Established commenter

I experienced the same frustrations a couple of weeks ago, but problem is now sorted. However, the only way to cancel subscription was to contact Customer Services Team....seems ridiculous since one subscribes online, so figures that one should be able to cancel online too.

Tinycat1234 likes this.
  8. Tasha0111

Tasha0111 New commenter

I totally echo the comments above. I cannot believe that there seems to be no easy way out. Not good when you need to cancel due to finances! There is also no easy link for contacting TES.

I have emailed on the address above as I couldn't find any other.

9. epevere

epevere New commenter

Online this behaviour is recognized as Scam...having same exact issue.

10. TES_Rosaline

Hello,

If you have any issues about your account or you wish to cancel your subscription please can you contact the Customer Services Team by emailing help@tes.com.

11. Ranger One

Ranger One New commenter

Apparently I can’t cancel my payment card with you. Nor can I cancel my account online.
    Is this actually legal?

12. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Ranger One, have you contacted the Customer Services Team about your requests? Please can you email help@tes.com.

13. rlp1

rlp1 New commenter

A

Art. 17 GDPR?

14. susanmargaretscott

susanmargaretscott New commenter

I have emailed TES today to cancel my subscription and will expect the cancellation to take immediate effect. I could not get through to anyone on the telephone. Extremely poor service. There should be some kind of facility online where we can cancel subscriptions. We should not have to go through a rigmarole.

15. TES_Rosaline

Hello @susanmargaretscott,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. Please can you contact the Customer Services Team by emailing help@tes.com about your request? Thank you.

16. gillferg28

gillferg28 New commenter

I want to cancel my membership and have discovered there is no way to do it online. Referring us to the website is NOT appropriate as there is no clear path to cancellation. Appalling customer service.

edulou likes this.
  17. edulou

edulou New commenter

I cancelled the renewal last year with Tes via the help@tes email address and had it confirmed in writing that my subscription would not auto-renew and was now cancelled.

They’ve just emailed me to say that it will auto renew in 28 days’ time. I think we are being scammed here.. might be time to contact the media. We’ll see what happens. I will take this further if money is taken fraudulently.

To think... this used to be my favourite resources website back in the iBoard days.

18. TES_Rosaline

Hello @gillferg28 and @edulou, please can you contact the Customer Services team by emailing help@tes.com about your request and issue? Thank you.

@edulou, I have passed on your comments to the team but my colleagues will need to get more information in order to help you with your situation.

19. A stuck record, Rosaline. Perhaps you should actually listen to the complaints and have "customer services" add an online cancellation service. Appalling mechanism and response. May as well be a bot.