1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to build a scheme of work

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by theginge99, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hey, I am about to become a student teacher and want to be as prepared as I can for the course, when I look at the curriculum for other subjects it seems easy to turn the guidlines into a scheme of work, but I find it hard to find the same sort of information about art?! Could someone outline how the key concepts et al get turned into practical lessons, or point me in the direction of a web site which does?
    Thanks

2. Hey, I am about to become a student teacher and want to be as prepared as I can for the course, when I look at the curriculum for other subjects it seems easy to turn the guidlines into a scheme of work, but I find it hard to find the same sort of information about art?! Could someone outline how the key concepts et al get turned into practical lessons, or point me in the direction of a web site which does?
    Thanks

3. you can make reference to the assessment objectives as your scheme of work progresses progress. Give me your email and I can post one of our existing schemes of work?

4. http://www.nsead.org/resources/index.aspx
    Don't try to overload yourself with too much too soon! There is so much jargon for you to learn you will pick it up as you go along. You will not be expected to write a Scheme of Work and if you are doing a PGCE you will get clear guidance. Good luck because nothing will prepare you until you are actually teaching in the classroom.