1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to behave with adult learners with poor grammar/memory

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by italiancourse, Nov 13, 2018.

1. italiancourse

italiancourse New commenter

Hello,
    I hope some more experienced teacher can help me to solve the puzzle. I run my own classes of Italian only for adult learners. However, I find it very difficult to help with memory and grammar. I give homework and exercises but some learners struggle to remember things, this impacts directly on their ability to converse.
    How can I help them effectively? What sort of material would help them to practice speaking more?
    Thank you all.

2. Caity52

Caity52 New commenter

I find Memrise the best for things like this, it means they can use it in their own time and having it as a phone app means they will often find 5 minutes to have a go. You can have a class group and they can see how much time each of them spends on it. They can be surprisingly competitive!