1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

How to be paid?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by lnavarro7, Feb 3, 2016.

  1. lnavarro7

    lnavarro7 New commenter

    I need some advice related to payment. I have started a two months supply and the agency pays me through Umbrella company or through your a limited company. I know all the advice about not using agencies but it is being very difficult to me finding a position here in England due to my non-fluent English...yet. I have been reading a lot of posts here about settling a limited company but honestly it sounds to me like chinese... Do you know of any webpage where I could read about it without getting lost? Even the Hmrc webpage is complicated to me! Thanks in advance.
  2. pepper5

    pepper5 Star commenter

    If I were you, I would go back and ask the agency again about being paid Pay As You Earn and if they can't pay you PAYE then try to find an agency that will.

    If you are still keen on setting up a limited company go to Google and search " Company Formation Agents". These are companies which assist with the legal requirements of forming or incorporating a new company; they are quite cheap to use - probably under £200. It may be cheaper to form a limited company yourself, but you do need to know what you are doing.

    Make sure that if you do use a company formation agent that they ensure that you dispense with audit. That means that you do not have to have your annual accounts audited as this can be very expensive.

Share This Page