1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to be a great teacher...?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hammie, Mar 17, 2012.

1. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

to me it sounds more that you have lost a litlle confidence.
    rather than books, surely the first step should be to do some peer observation if you feel they have moved on so much in just 12 months?
    And get the sympathetic ones to observe you too!

2. akimbo

akimbo New commenter

I agree with Hammie but if you want a quick and effective read try David Dunn ' How to be an Outstanding Primary Teacher'
    You can dip in and out - makes you feel good because you will be doing loads of it anyway but also some nice, neat tips. Hope you are on the mend and don't worry where others are... concentrate on you and your children.

3. You're right. I've just had an observation which didn't go very well. I could feel sorry for myself but I feel determined to get better! I know exactly who I'll ask to go and see. Thank you good suggestion. x

4. Thank you for this - I'm going to buy it on Amazon now!

Any other suggestions welcome...I am open to ideas! x

5. Thank for the recommendation for the book by David Dunn, I had a quick preview on google books and decided to get it as it is very straightforward and allows you to easily add each of these things to your teaching practice or to say to yourself - "I am already doing this" plus to be able to ad in afew more activities and practices. It is very clear... something academic texts don't always achieve. It is classroom based.