1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to apply to be a TA

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by f48tgm, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply to become a TA to gain more experience in schools before trying for a place on a Post Grad Primary Teaching Course.

I have experience in schools but my current job is in advertising and so completely unrelated to teaching and I have had to take a lot of holiday allowance to gain work experience and feel it is time to change career.

I know TA roles are very competitive and hard to come by, but how would I go about applying? Is there a central body I would write to, or should I send letters out to schools individually?

Any help and advice you can give me would be so gratefully received!
    I'm based in Scotland if that makes a difference!

Thanks,
    Lucy x

2. Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply to become a TA to gain more experience in schools before trying for a place on a Post Grad Primary Teaching Course.

I have experience in schools but my current job is in advertising and so completely unrelated to teaching and I have had to take a lot of holiday allowance to gain work experience and feel it is time to change career.

I know TA roles are very competitive and hard to come by, but how would I go about applying? Is there a central body I would write to, or should I send letters out to schools individually?

Any help and advice you can give me would be so gratefully received!
    I'm based in Scotland if that makes a difference!

Thanks,
    Lucy x