1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How terrifying is Facebook? Ageing fast.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumpydogwoman, Nov 19, 2015.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

At the moment I am getting those 'look back at this post of yours from 4 years ago' messages/reminders.

I thought I posted that youtube clip in February. Not FOUR YEARS ago. I know I'm getting old but how can it be FOUR YEARS!!!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wanna be my FB friend, GDW? ;)

Best wishes

3. grumpydogwoman

Surely the Ts and Cs forbid such a monstrous betrayal of identity??? :eek:

I confess to being shocked at the very thought!

* has to fan self vigorously *

upload_2015-11-19_17-17-6.png

This is a fan for you, TG.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm Theo's FB friend...

aspensquiver likes this.
  5. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Is FB terrifying to you now by its nature too Grumpy?

6. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Lucky you grumps - I look back at my FB posts of old and realise what a fool I used to be :oops:

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

That's why I included the winky face @grumpydogwoman !

Thought being my friend might be an even more terrifying thought than Facebook on its own.

:eek:

Best wishes

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Facebook gave me a video of my life with my 'friends' today... was actually quite good. but then it disappeared.

I'm getting more political on there, mostly teaching related. And commenting on stuff more, usually teaching related.

midnight_angel likes this.
  9. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I did that FB thing tonight which shows you which words you use most frequently. One son's name is much bigger than the other's.... Feeling ashamed and a terrible mummy.

10. grumpydogwoman

Oooh, got an idea. OK then. Who wants to befriend me on Facebook?

Don't hesitate to 'conversation' me with your requests. I know I'll be inundated!!!!! ;)

Or maybe not. :(

Frequent words? Oh, 'eck.

11. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I watched my 'friends' video, but would have liked it had they put in lots of photos with me and my friends (the ones I interact with), rather than just random friends' profile photos (including people I never engage with on there). As it was, I promptly got rid of it from my news feed.

I will, GDW! :D

12. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

I love those FB reminders! Facebook has become like an online scrapbook-***-diary for me.

But yes, I agree about the time thing, sometimes I would swear they'd made a mistake with dates....

==================
    Oh that stupid filter. Three letter word, sounds like come. Scrapbook-come-diary.

13. Primary_RE_teacher

Primary_RE_teacher Occasional commenter

@grumpydogwoman Facebook is scary! I mean who is on the other side of the computer, smartphone thingy?