1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How stupid can you get? (me)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Well, yes I know the clocks went forward and did not want to risk being late in my new dreaded supply job, so dutifully put phone forward an hour. Yesterday was the start of my Sundays are my time ie no mobile phones etc.
    I wake at 5.45 this morning, to leave for school between 6.30 and 6.45 to miss traffic, and get some planning done.
    I wake, tired, dreading school, and dutifully shower, dress pack lunch etc that we all do. Then wander in to check news, to find that it is 5.30. My mobile had dutifully put itself forward an hour also. So I was showered, dressed fed and watered by 5.30 :-( This combined with a sign language exam tonight that meant I did not get in until 9.00pm, does not a happy bunny make.
    Now logically I know that phpones go forward an hour by themselves, especially all-singing all dancing ones, but wanted to be doubly sure. Doubly was about right as well!

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I wasn't aware you were back in the country, dominant. Welcome back (if belated)!

3. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Thanks crowbob [​IMG] That's lovely of you. Came back in May, so almost a year!!! How quickly that has gone! Think will only stay for NQT year (if I ever find a post) and one or two more out of courtesy to the shool, then go off again. But for now, most definitely back, and missing Korea like mad :)

4. That happened to me the other way round last October - meaning I got to work 2 hours early - at 5.30 a.m. because I put the clock forward instead of back.
    On TWO days running.

5. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Did the clocks change recently??

6. Yeah. There's a lot of digital ones.