1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How soon is too soon to be wanting to find a new job?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by midge49, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Just wondering the above question really. I would like to move on, but I'm very aware that I've only been in my current post 2 years.
    Thanks
    Midge49

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

By two years - do you mean 1.5 or 2.5 years? Since we are half-way through the year, it might mean one of those as well as actually 2 years.
    But even if it means 1.5, it is likely to mean 2 years anyway by the time you apply and get a job (you are unlikely to be offered a job in time to resign by 29 Feb [​IMG] ).
    Two years is not too bad. Just make sure that you have a good reason for moving on (and it can be a professional or a personal one), and that your application is spot on.
    Read a summary of my advice here:
    Application form help needed!!
    before popping to read the lot in the Welcome thread.
    Best Sunday wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Thank you very much, it will indeed be 2.5 years!
    You have given me that little boost in now feeling I do stand a chance out there in the jobs field so thank you.
    Midge 49

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent!
    Dear Theo - I got that job! is the next post, then . . .
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com