1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How soon do you countdown?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jet786, Jun 11, 2011.

1. My spreadsheet is now complete. Very snazzy it is too. Each day that I look at it, the number of lessons with each class automatically count down, as does that accompanying bar chart. Us geeks will inherit the Earth!

cyolba, absurdly proud of wasting 30 minutes on a silly spreadsheet :)

2. Anytime after reports are handed in to the head is count down for me.

3. I'm leaving teaching at the end of next year. I've started my countdown (spreadsheet etc) already!

4. oki

oki

Someone after my own heart. The minute I receive my new diary holiday dates are entered with the number of weeks to the next holiday written on each Monday..........I love my job!!!!!!!!!!

5. oki

oki

Suppose it helps when I acknowledge to which comment I am replying - so here goes 2nd try!
    Someone after my own heart. The minute I receive my new diary holiday dates are entered with the number of weeks to the next holiday written on each Monday..........I love my job!!!!!!!!!!

6. CaptainTuttle

CaptainTuttle New commenter

I work out how many weeks until the next holiday throughout the year, this is easy enough to convert to how many get ups, how many school days to go etc. This is a. so I know when I next get to lie in for at least a week [​IMG] and b. so I can make sure targets/ assessments or other time sensitive stuff is done on time.

7. Down here in the Antipodes we are only half way through the year. Last year when we moved here I missed out on a long holiday until Xmas, and really noticed it. This year my bod is more prepared! We do have a nice holiday coming up, though, but it's later than usual this year because sports mad NZ has re-organised the NEXT (not this one - we have 4 terms here!) school holidays this year so we're all off for the Rugby World cup finals!!

8. Love the sound of that. Seems a valuable use of time to me. Fancy sharing that ingenious resource?[​IMG]