1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How soon can you tell?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by ticatica, Mar 28, 2011.

1. This may sound ridiculous but....3 days after what would have been conception, I think I might be pregnant. This isn't planned so it's not wishful thinking. I had a miscarriage over a year ago and I can only liken how i'm feeling now to that previous time....nauseous, a bit crampy and tired.

Is 3 days too early to tell?

2. I've no idea to be honest - I guess it depends how quickly the embryo implants itself - although the hormones would already be starting to change.
    It will be interesting to see if you are - and very impressive knowledge of your body!
    Fingers crossed for you.

3. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

The more expensive pregnancy tests claim to detect HCG, the 'pregnant' hormone, up to 5 days before your period is due (if you use concentrated urine eg first morning urine)... I was 6 weeks pregnant by the time I found out but it was a slightly unusual situation.
    If your periods are regular you can test a few days before you are due, if not wait a couple of weeks from when you thought you would have conceived and do a test! Superdrug used to do BOGOF on first response, I must have bought at least 50 over 11 months when trying to conceive - hubby doesn't know this [​IMG]
    Our bodies play tricks on us- all those months desperatel trying ( and many women try for much longer) I was convinced I had sore boobs, felt sick etc and nothing, then when I finally did conceive I had no symptoms apart from feeling a bit tired. Hope you get the result you want x