1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

How soon can I expect to hear?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sooz817, Mar 23, 2011.

1. I expect that this is one of those "How long is a piece of string?" questions. :)

On a positive one of the three schools that I have applied to have contacted my school for a reference (which I know to be a glowing one as my head let me read it before she sent it!) So I am hoping that means that I will get an interview at least? I guess I shouldn't hold my breath but I am seriously a nervous wreck here! This whole 'job seeking' thing is scary! :)

Wish me luck!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Depends how busy SMT are & what else is going on in the school.
    But in view of the impending end of term & resignation deadlines I would have thought they'd aim to interview before the end of term, so Fri or Mon at very latest I would have thought.
    My application had a Fri. deadline & I expect they will have perused the applications by now, but if they use postal replies (usual in my LA) Fri is the very earliest I expect an answer!