1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How on earth can SEAL be used in a PSHCE scheme of work?

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by arth, Feb 16, 2006.

1. I thought i was alone struggling to fit SEALS into our PHSE scheme of work. What a relief to find others are in the same boat! Please help! I would love to see what some of you have managed to achieve. anything you can send me would be gratefully received! Thank you fellow strugglers!

2. Wow, I'm not alone! I am in my second year of teaching and now at a new school where I am, amongst other things, PSHCE co-ordinator with responsibility for getting SEAL across school and getting Healthy Schools Validation. I have put together a scheme of work showing how we cover each of the PSHCE objectives through SEAL and various agencies that come in/school trips. Think I will probably need to include more Citizenship. Am stuck for ideas on assessment that are needed for Healthy Schools. Any help gladly received, and if I can be of any help to anyone would be happy to.

debbiescammell@hotmail.com

Debbie

3. Teacher2B I would be grateful for anything you have for a PSHE Scheme of work. My email is emlou19@yahoo.com Thanks in advance!

4. Hi there I'm new to the forum. I have been asked to write a scheme of work for PSHE linking Seal and the National Curriculum objectives. Is anyone willing to share their scheme/long term plans or able to give any advice or help? Thanking you in advance. My email is merlekourie2002@yahoo.com

5. amt

amt

6. Thanks AMT for the really useful website - just what I needed!

7. Yeah, thanks for the link. I've now pretty much done the scheme of work and Im going for Healthy School accreditation next month! Eeek! I'm so glad this thread has been so popular. I thought I was the only one with the SEAL SOW problem back last year. Thanks to everyone for your messages.

8. so has anyone really sorted out a scheme of work which includes SEAL and all other areas of PSHE? Can anyone share a link or resource? hikazzy@hotmail.co.uk thanks

9. shall i take that as a no?

10. amt

amt

11. amt

amt

12. thank you

13. WOT

WOT

Can anyone send me a copy of their PHSE healthy schools audit. I'm responsible for it and not quite sure how to do it.
    Many thanks
    hardeepbains2000@yahoo.co.uk

14. My school has now recieved Healthy Schools accreditation. If anyone wants schemes of work or policies post here. Our scheme of work includes SEAL and LCP.

15. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

Congratulations!

And yes please - as no-one responded to my earlier pleas for help!

cornflakes72 at hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

16. Wel done on your H.S accreditation..I've been led to believe it takes a lot of work to get. i would be very interested in Sow and policy as I'm new to being a PSHE Co-ord and we are going to launch SEAL in the Autumn. (What does LCP stand for?)Thanks
    dmcole57@btinternet.com