1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How on earth can SEAL be used in a PSHCE scheme of work?

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by arth, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Hi,

I am in the same boat - wondering where Health and Citizenship fits within SEAL. I would love a copy of your planning, thank you so much in advance.

mwdavern@hotmail.co.uk

2. Taipei101

Taipei101 New commenter

Hi,

Also would like to look at SoW, planning and Assessment for SEAL at KS2. Could you email me information? I have downloaded all the themes, assemblies, posters and cards etc from the standards and SEAL site. Woulf like to see all of this put into action.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Email:

carolineshephard@handbag.com

thanks

3. We use the PHSCE matix written by Trafford and Salford. it has links to SEAL in it. It also makes all the links to the NC and framework for PSHE and citizenship. This is our first term using as a whole school and I am hoping to get evaluations in next week. I used it last term and found it easy to use. the teachers like the way I want them to copy then write on the relevant page....less planning. The healthy school team from the LA like how we are using it too, signed of that strand of NHSS standard with no problems.

4. I've still got to write the SoW! It's been delayed because we have been implementing R Time (which is brilliant). The creators of R Time now have a book that relates R Time to SEAL. The R Time website is below:

http://www.rtime.info/

Once again if anyone has a SoW I'm at

emlou19@yahoo.com

I'd be very grateful.

5. invincible

invincible New commenter

Jackhenna

is there a link to that somewhere that I can see? I have to redo our SoW and stuff and, as I am teaching abroad, I am out of touch with most new things reagrding this.

Any help I would be grateful for :)

6. hi I am not sure if there is a link but will check on Monday for you in all the paperwork. we were given it by our local authority.......warrington. i love it we are currently evaluating how it works.

7. invincible

invincible New commenter

8. Hi everyone, I'm also co-ordinating these areas which, I think, are at the core of primary teaching in modern society. If anyone is still keen on forwarding their resources, I wouldn't mind having a look - I can always e-mail my current s.o.w. which I started working on last term.

Thanks in advance.

9. Hi, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, a bout of bronchitis kept off for a week. I have checked our paper work and there are no links etc on it. when i next see our healthy schools lead on friday i will ask her for contact details etc and post it.

10. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

Crazylady - or anyone else who has been doing SEAL for a while....

I'd be really grateful for any questionnaires (especcially for pupils and staff!), schemes for PSHE etc (like the Bolon one), assessment materials etc that anyone is willing to share as I'm just gearing up to start this next year.

(I posted on Primary and SEN but not too much response there!)
    Thanks in advnace to anyone who can help!

cornflakes72@hotmail.co.uk

11. I would really appreciate anyone's ideas of how SEAL fits into a scheme of work as I have just taken over as PSHE subject leader.

ginger_perm@msn.com

Many thanks

12. invincible

invincible New commenter

Thanks jackhenna :)

13. I've been given a day out of class to somehow link PSHCE and SEAL. Fast realising this is nowhere near enough and would be very grateful to have a look at some of the schemes people have been mentioning on this link.

My email is gemm_thomas@hotmail.co.uk

Thankyou SO much in advance for any help!

14. sorry for any delay, still trying to get hold of healthy schools lead but apparently they are very busy. they have cancelled our meal that was promised for all those of us doing the pshe cert. as soon as i have any info i will pass it on

15. Please can anyone forward me any ideas on how they have linked SEAL into their PSHCE scheme of work.
    Thanks in advance
    Zeyta

email add is
    zeytal@hotmail.co.uk

16. Hi, I have been asked to look at ways of integrating SEAL and PSHE in KS1. I notice some people have mention a Bolton scheme of work.Any chance of taking a look?
    Also, has anyone got any ideas for assessing SEAL at KS1?
    Any help would be gratefully recieved.