1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How on earth can SEAL be used in a PSHCE scheme of work?

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by arth, Feb 16, 2006.

1. I am also starting as PSHE coordinator in a lower school, I need to integrate PSHE with SEALs and Healthy schools in time for September. What a lot of us there are. I would love to hear from anyone who is prepared to share SOW or assessment material or in fact any resources or ideas!

Thankyou so much in advance xxx

homelands@dunshalt.fslife.co.uk

2. Newby - I'd be grateful for a copy of what's included/not included in SEAL...Thanks in advance.
    willgrace6@yahoo.co.uk

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Very confusing, here SEAL is the Service for English as an Additional Language!!

4. invincible

invincible New commenter

I've been given the area of PSHE to coordinate. It's never been coordinated in my school before so I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start. I would be interested in doing the SEAL stuff within what has to be covered with the NC so any tips, advice and (being cheeky now) schemes of work would be gratefully received.

Would be so happy if someone could help out. Thanks.

5. Hi all.

I have just completed my NQT year and am returning to school tomorrow (agh!) with the responsibility of running PSHE / Healthy Schools etc. The SEAL box has been sat in our school for the past couple of months and I have been told to integrate it into our current SoW. I've been so reassured to see that I'm not the only one struggling!

Newby, if I could have a copy of the table of things covered / not covered by SEAL that would be fab. Thank you.

To be honest, I'm not 100% confident about what is expected of me as a subject leader or what I should be doing, any other advice would be most welcome!

Thanks, have a good start of term everyone!

hazbeen@hotmail.com

6. Hi! Im glad my thread was so popular- I thought I was the only one! Please can I have a copy of any SoW integrating SEAL. We've looked at SEAL and PSHE as a staff but any more help would be appreciated. The email is emlou19@yahoo.com

7. Hi,

Have also got the task of creating a PSCHE SoW, we have also got SEAL in school and have been wondering how to incorporate this in along with the other things needed.

So I would be grateful if any SoW or any other ideas/resources would be able to be shared with me.

My email is:

zanab24@hotmail.co.uk

Many Thanks

8. Hi there !

i have been reading your posts having been given the task of re working a pShe scheme of work to incorporate the SEAL programme. i too would greatly appreciate any resources or copy schemes of work. my email address is nickiwindle@ntlworld.com.

kind regards & BIG BIG thanks in advance for any assitance.

XX

9. Has anyone managed to find a way to get hold of the Bolton SOW?? I'd really like to know where I can view this from, or if anyone ahs anythign similar i'd love to hear??
    a.henson@yahoo.co.uk

10. Please help. I'm a lower school teacher trying to fit together a PSHCE/SEAL scheme of work too. Any ideas sugeestions would be wonderful. Please email

zvitc@schools.bedfordshire.gov.uk

Luton have produced lots of IWB resources to support SEAL. Search using the unit of work title on their website.

11. Hi there, I too am not alone in that i am struggling to write a 2 year rolling plan for SEAL themes in a primary school with mixed age classes. I need to ensure that i have not missed any important areas out, e.g SRE, Drug ed, healthy eating etc. Being cheeky- Does anyone have a scheme of work/ rolling plan, resources etc they would be willing to share Please? I will be very very thankful! Also like the sound of the bolton resources? My email is amy.vmt@btinternet.com. Thanks!!!

12. could anyone help me! going on maternity leave in feb and i have to have the scheme of work all ready and in place to include all the relevent PSHCE stuff and SEAL!!! Going mad trying to get my head round it. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

thanks so much,

Dellybobz

13. hello, its Dellybobz again stressing about PSHCE and SEAL. forgot to put my email address on the last message (brain deminishing due to pregnancy no doubt!!!). thanks again to any one who could help me.

its: delly_1475@btinternet.com
    thank you xxxxxxxxxx

14. hi newby, Re your message on 27th july. do you still have a copy of how you link Scheme of work for PSHCE and SEAL? would appreciate it so much if you could email it to me! being driven mad!!

thanks so much. its delly_1475@btinternet.com

dellybobz 1

15. NEWBY... do you still have the whats covered and not document? If so would be extremely grateful if i could have a copy...thankyou
    cherrypop82@hotmail.co.uk