1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How often do you lose things?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lalad, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Lalad Jnr is always doing it! In separate incidents since she was a teenager, she has left her phone on the bus, her passport on a plane (and a year or so later dropped it in a night club) her purse in a taxi, her suitcase in an airport, and dropped a valuable ring in a field...and in every case bar one, she got them back!

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Lucky Lalad Jnr!

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  3. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

Losing my mind? Hourly at the moment. Losing in general - not really. Mr Flowers tends to move things and put them in what are, clearly, ridiculous places.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Im a disaster area! I'd worry if it had started in old age but I've always been the same.

5. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

Definitely lost a fiver the other day. I thought it was mislaid for a while but that has now amounted to the same thing. Cluttered pockets and not putting it safely into my wallet and then getting keys out, I suspect, impelled it to float off. Running an errand the banknote wasn't my change so I should have adopted it with more security. The loss cost me ten pounds as the consumption then continued with my own money. This morning a mislaid belt was found in the last place I looked. I doubt I'm losing things more often or becoming more forgetful but carelessness always catches up with you.

6. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I never lose anything. But I find a lot of stuff.

7. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Locating your lost bag at left luggage ought to be easy.
    However, that's just not the case.

8. install

install Star commenter

Has anyone seen the Labour Party?

nomad likes this.
  9. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Groan...;)

Dragonlady30 and nomad like this.
  10. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Arf.

My favourite ever lost something story was not long ago (last year? before that?) somebody lost their wedding ring and they found it a very long time later, over a decade, as they were growing carrots and when they picked one, the ring was embedded round the carrot. I cannot imagine the joy of unearthing a lost item this way, or indeed the chances.

Edit-here, found it, Canada
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40956139

caress likes this.
  11. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

It wouldn't be in the last place you looked if you kept searching after you'd found it.

lilachardy and primarycat like this.
  12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Virginity - just the once.
    Control - rarely.
    Confidence - more times than I would would have liked.
    All sense of proportion - never.
    Mojo - still looking.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    primarycat likes this.
  13. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter

I never lose anything.
    Unless it's really important and I'm under stress.
    OFSTED inspection? Lose car keys.
    Etc.
    But I mislay things all the time.
    They are not lost.
    I just don't know where they are at this moment in time.

14. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

15. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

I put the oxo cubes in the fridge yesterday. It's a bit concerning when you start doing things like that but I think it was just a one off. I hadn't even noticed until my OH said "what are these doing in here?".

Jesmond12 likes this.
  16. VeronicAmb

VeronicAmb Occasional commenter

I've never lost a damn thing in my entire life.

However, I misplace things ALL the time! For example, I will go upstairs with my phone, put my phone down in a really obvious placed and go ahead to do something else. Then I'll go downstairs and have a mini heart attack at not seeing my phone. I realised I've lost my phone - I switch it back and realise it's upstairs and then, I'd spend about 30 minutes turning the house upside down because I've forgotten where I put my phone in that "really obvious" place.

This happens at least 3-5 times a week. With my vape, creams, comb, chocolate, chargers, pens, toothpaste. You name it! Old habits die hard!

17. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I don't lose things often. It really annoys me when I do.

18. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Most things that go missing in our house are attributed by Mrs MSB via torturous logic to me. Even her stuff.

I know my place. :rolleyes:

19. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

We moved house just over a month ago and many things are not where I expect them to be. (Does that count as losing?)
    Today I 'rediscovered' a number of things :oops: