1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how notice should you get for being told which class you are returning to after mat leave?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by zafira1, Mar 13, 2011.

1. I was told one year that I was moving from Reception to Year 5 two days before the end of the school year!!!

2. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

As others have said, you don't have any rights - he can put you where he likes and without notice. It may be that there is some uncertainty re staffing at your school and your head may not know where it would be best to put you or it may be that he is just disorganised.
    Hope it gets sorted soon.

3. thank you for your replies, am due to go in to school in two weeks, so will call a few days before to see which members of staff in which department i should be talking to about my return! i think there has been an issue with a member of staff off sick, but she is due back next week apparently. also the head is v v disorganised and likes to leave things to the last minute, i am the total opposite!!
    thanks for the help