1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How needy are your pets?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by needabreak, Nov 29, 2016.

?

How needy are your pets?

1. Very needy

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Not particularly needy

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Very independent

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I'm the needy one so they don"t have to ask for attention they get it constantly anyway

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Other measure of attention used, details below...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Our cat isn't much trouble on his own, but in combination with the dog, there's a synergy that takes place between them which can cause havoc. The cat's only neediness occurs when he sees me enter the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. He'll jump up on the worktop and get in the way until I give him some Dreamies. I've got into the habit of calling them his sweets since his behaviour reminds me of the “Don't forget the fruit gums mum” adverts of my childhood.

The dog on the other hand will not allow me to ignore him. More often than not, he wants me to throw his toys for him to catch or retrieve. No sooner do I sit down at my desk than he is trying to press a toy into my lap. If I take it and place it out of his reach, he goes bonkers trying to get to it. If I throw it, he instantly returns it. If I try to take it from him, he thinks I want to play tug of war with him. If I ignore him, he assumes he's brought the wrong toy and goes off to find a different one.

When I take a seat on the loo with my trousers round my ankles, he's there stuffing toys into my trousers.

2. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Oh - I miss my cats who are with my ex. Their personalities are just individual. They're needy at times, but usually just show affection in their different ways. They're great creatures.

mathsmutt and guinnesspuss like this.
  3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Cats! Great animals. Fabulous pets for people who haven't the time or space for dogs!

*runs for cover very quickly indeed*

4. grumpydogwoman

IMG_20151018_092546965.jpg
    Fred.

Never let it be said that I don't share my pet photos.

5. grumpydogwoman

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Love it!

7. grumpydogwoman

P1060747.JPG

You can see why this one runs rings round us. We are putty in her paws.

8. grumpydogwoman

P1060848.JPG

Finally. Last but not least. She who may not be much longer for this world, I fear.

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

LOVE the photographs, GDW. :)

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well... when I get name I may post a pic of NaziKat... but he won't like it because I refuse to outfit him in his regalia...

11. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

GDW, you picture of Fred reminds me of my first dog, a X Border Collie from RSPCA, She was so special and I had her until she was almost 20. Far better behaved than my beautiful but silly Spaniels.

12. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

This one?

[​IMG]

mathsmutt, guinnesspuss and lanokia like this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sadly nothing as obvious... he hides his fascist leanings under a benign cute exterior.

14. grumpydogwoman

Please post NaziKat! Even when masquerading as NiceKat. @lanokia

If anyone has any idea what breed/s Fred is then do speak up.

@Dragonlady30 is suggesting a bit of border collie. Someone else has claimed him as a Tibetan Spaniel (!!). He sheds a LOT of hair btw. He is also Spanish.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well... OK....

upload_2016-11-30_17-57-23.png

I know... you're thinking ''How cute!'' but know this... he asked me right after this was taken ''and how goes the plans for the invasion of Belgium?''...

Nothing cute... only maniacal evil!

16. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Amazing how they have their own personalities, who needs people? ;)

17. needabreak

Yes cute, very cute, with a face like that I would do his bidding. He looks like he is saying "what are you waiting for? Go on chop chop!" :D

Does anyone else narrate their pets actions or have I fallen out of the daft/borderline insane tree? Mine have full blown conversations with me and on occasions each other ;)

18. needabreak

Images of him sneaking toys down your trousers for you to emerge from the loo with what look like growths on your legs :eek::D:D

19. needabreak

He is gorgeous although a little stern, if dogs were teachers he's be saying, take that pea out of your nose Johnny and go and wash your hands before finishing the rest of your lunch... and he's be in the 6h form dining area ;)

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I have just remembered when my lot play up. I am sitting on one sofa with two of them and the other one refuses to sit on her own. I have had to move to sit with her.